Microsoft publishes CRM SDK in NuGet (Visual Studio)
CRM SDK is now also available from the Visual Studio extension NuGet. This extension is a provider of third party packages where anyone can participate and publish their own ones. This makes very easy to add third party assembly references.
- Install NuGet in Visual Studio from “Tools => Extensions and Updates”
- Once NuGet is installed, create a Visual Studio Project (a library for example) and make right click on the Visual Studio project where the CRM SDK assemblies will be used. Select “Manage NuGet Packages…”
- Choose the Online option on the left menu and search for “crmsdk“. A list with all the CRM SDK assemblies published by Microsoft will be presented. Choose the corresponding assembly based on its version.
In this case, I have installed the CRM 2013 assemblies:
Notice the new package and reference configuration linked to the project:
- “packages.config” file in the project where the NuGet packages have been installed
- New folder with the assemblies in the root solution folder. You can find the assembly file within the package folder. In this case, the new CRM 2013 SDK package contains two assemblies, see below:
- New library reference have been added automatically to the chosen project: