[CRM 2011] New UR 10 and SDK 5.0.12
Last week we got a couple of new releases for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011: Update Rollup 10 and SDK 5.0.12
Update Rollup 10:
- Windows 8 / Internet Explorer 10 / Office 2013 Preview compatibility
- Many performance and stability-related fixes, including fixes to the CRM Client for Microsoft Outlook
- Contains all hotfixes / updates originally scheduled for release via Update Rollup 9
- Quick Find performance optimizations and EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization SQL query performance optimizations:
- The Update Rollup 10 Microsoft Download Center page (on August 16th, 2012)
- The Microsoft Update Catalog (on Sept. 11th, 2012)
- The Microsoft Update detection / installation process (on Sept. 11th, 2012)
Some important notes:
- Update Rollup 9 will not be released publically because of a delay in the Q2 Service Update
- Update Rollup 10 is cumulative
- Update Rollup 10 Build number: 5.0.9690.2730
- Prerequisite: Update Rollup 6 installed (build 5.0.9690.1992)
You can find a full summary in the next post from Dynamics CRM in the Field blog:
Some of the features (all details in the Release History section):
- Updated assemblies for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 10.
- A new Form Scripting Quick Reference that provides simple explanations and examples of the Xrm.Page object methods on a single page.
- Updated the information on Best Practices about service channel allocation performance
- A new topic called Choose your Development Style for Managed Code that describes the choices of tools and classes you can use when you write managed code and provides information to help you decide what is best for your needs.
- A new topic called Create Accessible Web Resources that provides an introduction to creating web resources that offer equivalent functionality for all users so that people with disabilities will be able to use your web resources.
- Added information about quick find query optimizations and a new property “IsQuickFindFilter” in the FilterExpression class to provide consistency between Query Expression and Fetch XML queries
- Improved authentication helper code and a new sample that demonstrates how to connect to the web services without using helper code.
- Added information about enabling IFRAME communication across domains and use window.postMessage
- Code changes to work in browsers to be supported in a later release, and information to guide you in making those changes.
- Added information about how to manage solution files in source code control using the new SolutionPackager tool
- Using the metadata diagram tool for creating entity model diagrams
- How to authenticate and do basic operations from Java
Some important notes:
- SDK Version 5.0.11 has been skipped